I decided to sign up for NYRR’s 9+1 program*….. so basically I will be spending most of my time this summer/fall running races, training for races and eating & sleeping tons to replenish The things I do for guaranteed 2014 NYC marathon entry.
My race calendar now looks insanely packed…..between the 9 required scored races + color run+ training long runs + marathon…. I’ll have to be proactive about avoiding injury this year to finish them all. On top of that I have a 2-week June vacation in Tanzania and other possible international business trips this summer. It’s about to get BUSY!
- April 28 – Run as One 4M – Central Park, NY
- May 18 – Brooklyn Half Marathon – Brooklyn, NY
- June 8 – NYRR Mini 10K – Central Park, NY
- July 13 – All-Star 5K Benefiting Sandy Relief – Brooklyn’s Prospect Park
- July 21 – Color Me Rad (not timed) – East Rutherford, NJ
- Aug 18 – ING NYC Marathon Long Training Run #2 (6-20 miles) – Central Park
- Aug 24 – Percy Sutton Harlem 5K Run – Harlem’s Morningside Park
- Sept 8 – VIA Lehigh Valley Marathon – Allentown, PA
- Sept 15 – Henry Isola Cross Country Classic (4M) – Bronx’s Van Cortlandt Park
- October: Kurt Steiner Cross Country Classic (Bronx Oct 20) OR Poland Spring 5M (NYC OCt 27)
- Nov – TBD
- Dec 7 – TBD